Rüdiger: ich habe nun herausgefunden, wie sich der threshold Wert unter Version 11 manuell und permanent in der Datei soptions.ini ändern lässt. Und zwar:
Nach dem Ändern des Wertes, Dragon schließen und anschließend den PC neustarten. Dragon unmittelbar nach dem Ändern des Wertes zu starten veranlasst das Programm, den Wert wieder zu überschreiben.
Jedenfalls habe ich den Wert auf 100 gestellt und das Problem scheint zumindest momentan gelöst zu sein. Ich werde die nächsten Tage beobachten, ob es dabei bleibt.
Vielen Dank für die Hilfe und den Hinweisen!
Lindsay: Unfortunatly I don't own a pro Version, just the Premium. As Rüdiger said the Problem occoured on any phrase, not on a particular one.
I followed your postings in the KwonBrainer Forum, so I moved all the start menu entries to another folder and it works like a charm, thanks:
23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track desktop = 30 msec 23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track start menu = 0 msec 23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track common start menu = 0 msec 23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track common desktop = 0 msec 23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track my documents = 0 msec 23:14:07 LOG (Perf): Time to track desktop apps = 43 msec
I'll try the tool you mentioned. It's a good workaround but I hope Nuance will fix this bug.
I've tried chklnks and it did the trick! The results:
00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track desktop = 40 msec 00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track start menu = 21 msec 00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track common start menu = 394 msec 00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track common desktop = 0 msec 00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track my documents = 0 msec 00:36:42 LOG (Perf): Time to track desktop apps = 487 msec
Not as good as without any entries but at least better than 6000 msec. I assume it'll get slower the more Programs are being installed? I have a new System with only 30-40 Programs by now.
the good news is that it won't get any slower as you add more and more programs, sure this will add milliseconds to your readings but to get this into perspective you can have as many as 1000 shortcut links in your start menu and submenus but your scan times would still be under 1000 ms (one second). The reason you get or were getting 6000 ms is because of problem shortcut links. From what I have seen so far the biggest problem is dead shortcut links, however you can also have problems with links where Microsoft active accessibility (MSAA) has problems generating command names/and or certain DNS modules have problems generating pronunciations because of unusual character sequences in a particular shortcut.
So to summarise adding more and more programs is not so much of a problem but just make sure you have no dead shortcut links until a fix is issued. The simple judge of all this is to switch to another user and then back again and the figures that you need to look at (as you have posted above) will be generated automatically at the end of the Dragon log.
I should add that most of the credit for finding this problem goes to joint effort as detailed on the no-brainer forum in particular to Sean who nailed the actual problem in the end!