Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 126 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen zur Anwendung
Tiger Feet Offline

18.06.2011 18:44
RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Hello Rüdiger, Marius and Lindsay.-

I have recently registered in this website as "Tiger Feet." I am from the UK, as you know. When I go to the English version of the website, it is prompting me to login with my username and password. As soon as I do this, it logs me in no problem and shows "Tiger Feet" as logged in at the top of the page.-

Unfortunately, it only shows the German version on my screen. So then, I click the link again to take me back to the English version. Once again, it is then telling me I need to login again. Once I have logged in again, it takes me to the German version on screen again. It keeps doing this as a vicious circle so it seems I can never log into the English version and use the website that way.-

Do you have any idea how I resolve this?-

Secondly, I have tried to add an avatar to my profile but each one I have tried has failed. I am being told that the .jpeg or .png is too large but they are nothing out of the ordinary. I have seen other posters with avatars just the same as mine really.-

Can anybody tell me why this is happening or what I may be doing wrong please?-

Cheers-

Tiger Feet-

Hallo Rüdiger, Marius und Lindsay.

Ich habe vor kurzem in dieser Web site als " geregistriert; Tiger Feet." Ich komme aus Großbritannien, wie Sie wissen. Wenn ich zur englischen Version der Web site gehe, ist es Aufforderung ich, zum mit meinem username und Kennwort anzumelden. Sobald ich dies tue, loggt es mich in keinem Problem und zeigt " Tiger Feet" wie an der Oberseite der Seite angemeldet.

Leider zeigt sie nur die deutsche Version auf meinem Schirm. So dann, klicke ich die Verbindung wieder, um mich zurück zu der englischen Version zu nehmen. Noch einmal erklärt sie dann mir, dass ich wieder anmelden muss. Sobald ich wieder angemeldet habe, nimmt sie mich zur deutschen Version auf Schirm wieder. Sie hält, dies zu tun, während ein Teufelskreis also sie scheinen, dass ich in die englische Version nie loggen und die Web site verwenden kann, die Weise.

Haben Sie irgendeine Idee, wie ich dieses löse?

Zweitens habe ich versucht, einen Avatara meinem Profil hinzuzufügen, aber jeder, den ich versucht habe, ist ausgefallen. Ich werde erklärt, dass das .jpeg oder das .png zu groß ist, aber sie nichts aus dem Üblichen heraus sind. Ich habe andere Plakate mit Avataras gerade die selben wie meine wirklich gesehen.

Kann jemand mir erklären, warum dieses geschieht, oder was ich falsch tun kann zu gefallen?

Danke.

Tiger-Füße

Tiger Feet

DNS 11 Professional - Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 64-bit OS - Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU T9400 @2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz - 4.00 GB RAM - Plantronics Wireless Hands-Free CS60USB Microphone/Buddy Desktop USB Mic (Backup Microphone)

R.Wilke Offline

18.06.2011 19:15
#2 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Hello Tiger Feet, and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing or telling you how you can do this because from where I am I cannot replicate it. But I am sure that Lindsay will be able to tell you how this is done from where you are, and will do this very soon.

I think I might even ask him now, not being sure whether he will listen to me. The last I heard of him was that he is in the middle of doing something very important - whatever that could be.

Nice having you here!
Rüdiger

Dragon Professional 16 auf Windows 10 Pro und Windows 11
SpeechMike Premium (LFH3500); Office 2019 Pro + Office 365 (monatliches Abo)
HP ZBook Fury 17 G8 - i7-11800H - 24 MB SmartCache - 32 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD

monkey8 Offline

18.06.2011 20:17
#3 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Well what we have here is a rather unusual phenomenon caused by the alignment of the planets at present. It will be fine in a couple of years. I have long since known about this problem and unfortunately I don't know a way to get around it. Basically whenever you login on the English translated forum it changes to German. Now you can do things like refresh the page and it will go back to English but unfortunately it also logs you out (although it clearly tells you at the bottom of the screen that you are still logged in, however you cannot reply to any posts without logging in again and then of course it goes back to German again ad finitum…). So it's a kind of forum issue that I don't know how to resolve and that one of the administrators should undoubtedly sort out, the less privileged moderators are unable to resolve this issue without a large cash investment.

Also if you want to see what I mean then just go to the English forum using the following link:

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=...%2F&sl=de&tl=en

Login as Rüdiger or Marius and hey presto. Now you may well work out a solution pretty quickly but I couldn't.

As for Avatars, all I know about them is that they are blue, very tall, and live on other planets where mountains float about in the vortex.

Nonetheless good to see you here Tiger.

Lindsay
www.pcbyvoice.com

incidentally when you do login and you want to reply, you just have to recognise the German post that you want to reply to.

Tiger Feet Offline

18.06.2011 20:52
#4 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von monkey8
Well what we have here is a rather unusual phenomenon caused by the alignment of the planets at present. It will be fine in a couple of years. I have long since known about this problem and unfortunately I don't know a way to get around it. Basically whenever you login on the English translated forum it changes to German. Now you can do things like refresh the page and it will go back to English but unfortunately it also logs you out (although it clearly tells you at the bottom of the screen that you are still logged in, however you cannot reply to any posts without logging in again and then of course it goes back to German again ad finitum…). So it's a kind of forum issue that I don't know how to resolve and that one of the administrators should undoubtedly sort out, the less privileged moderators are unable to resolve this issue without a large cash investment.

Also if you want to see what I mean then just go to the English forum using the following link:

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=...%2F&sl=de&tl=en

Hi all, nice to hear from you. I clicked on the link above Lindsay and yes, it took me back to the English version but as I was saying earlier, it also logs me out again and so the cycle continues. It's like Groundhog Day!

Zitat
As for Avatars, all I know about them is that they are blue, very tall, and live on other planets where mountains float about in the vortex.

Yes, I must get me one of those machines that makes me very tall and blue and be able to fly on horrific winged monsters. Unfortunately, I cannot afford one at the moment

So, no nearer an answer to this question then? Why do others in here have lovely avatars obviously uploaded from their computer where I cannot. I know it's not the most important thing in the world and absolutely nothing to do with speech recognition but there must be a reason why I cannot upload mine. :-(

Zitat
Nonetheless good to see you here Tiger.

It's good to be here. It has only taken me 2 days to join but I have eaten in between tries.

Zitat
incidentally when you do login and you want to reply, you just have to recognise the German post that you want to reply to.

Nothing difficult there then

Cheers everyone.

Tiger Feet

DNS 11 Professional - Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 64-bit OS - Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU T9400 @2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz - 4.00 GB RAM - Plantronics Wireless Hands-Free CS60USB Microphone/Buddy Desktop USB Mic (Backup Microphone)

R.Wilke Offline

18.06.2011 21:03
#5 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
So, no nearer an answer to this question then? Why do others in here have lovely avatars obviously uploaded from their computer where I cannot. I know it's not the most important thing in the world and absolutely nothing to do with speech recognition but there must be a reason why I cannot upload mine. :-(

On this planet, the maximum avatar size is set to 60 x 60 pixels, or 10,240 bytey which should do unless you plan on using an avatar in a fashion like the one you are using on KnowBrainer which looks more like being 60 x 240 pixels or so.

So we two choices now: either you reduce the size of your avatar or we need to change planets.

As far as the rest being involved, particularly the logging in and out when switching back and forth between the original page and the Google automatically translated page, there is nothing wrong with the forum, and there is nothing what so ever that the administrators could do at about it, but this is rather a severe bug with Google being the culprit, so you might as well complain there.

Regards
Webmaster

monkey8 Offline

18.06.2011 21:30
#6 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

If you are having difficulties getting your picture to fit Andy then send it to me by e-mail and I will send it back to you as an appropriate size to use for an avatar.

I might edit it slightly but other than that it would be a pleasure to help.

Lindsay
www.pcbyvoice.com

Tiger Feet Offline

19.06.2011 21:49
#7 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Hi Rüdiger,

Zitat
On this planet, the maximum avatar size is set to 60 x 60 pixels, or 10,240 bytey which should do unless you plan on using an avatar in a fashion like the one you are using on KnowBrainer which looks more like being 60 x 240 pixels or so.

So we two choices now: either you reduce the size of your avatar or we need to change planets.

No need to change planets . The avatar I was planning on using in here would be an original and not the one I use in the KnowBrainer forums. It was actually only a stencil of Shere Khan, (the tiger from the Jungle book). I assumed this wouldn't be many pixels and within the realm of the websites conditions.

I honestly do not know how to cut down the amount of the pixels so that the picture will work. Now that Lindsay has told me that he can do it for me, I shall send him a picture and see what he can do with it for me. I would also like to know how you cut down the pixel size. In the meantime Lindsay, be ready for my picture to come to you ready for action

Zitat
As far as the rest being involved, particularly the logging in and out when switching back and forth between the original page and the Google automatically translated page, there is nothing wrong with the forum, and there is nothing what so ever that the administrators could do at about it, but this is rather a severe bug with Google being the culprit, so you might as well complain there.

I am not complaining Rüdiger, I have got the hang of it now and it is quite a handy website to be involved with, especially with all the greatness of presence within it. All I have to do now, is think up some sensible questions to ask

Thanks for having me

Cheers

Tiger Feet

R.Wilke Offline

19.06.2011 22:03
#8 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Tiger Feet,

you are welcome.

Zitat
I would also like to know how you cut down the pixel size.

One convenient way of doing this would be to open the image file in Microsoft Paint, especially in Windows 7 this can be done quite easily by using the menus on the ribbon bar accordingly, and saving the changes.

Rüdiger

Marius Raabe Offline

20.06.2011 12:42
#9 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Tiger Feet,

a very warm welcome to the forum from me also.
I hate to play killjoy, but I have to ask: Are you sure your avatar picture is in the public domain and not copyrighted material?
In case of doubt, please be so kind and replace it with something that will not get the webmaster into legal trouble with Disney Corp. or someone like that (German copyright rules are very strict).

Best, Marius

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Legal
Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit, Office 2010, Jarte Plus
Philips SpeechMike II Pro Plus, SpeechMike III, SpeechMike Air, PDCC 2.8
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, 2,83 GHz, 2x6MB L-2, 8 GB RAM

Tiger Feet Offline

20.06.2011 13:38
#10 RE: Probleme haben zu versuchen, zur englischen Version dieser Web site an Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Marius Raabe
Tiger Feet,

a very warm welcome to the forum from me also.
I hate to play killjoy, but I have to ask: Are you sure your avatar picture is in the public domain and not copyrighted material?
In case of doubt, please be so kind and replace it with something that will not get the webmaster into legal trouble with Disney Corp. or someone like that (German copyright rules are very strict).

Best, Marius

Hi Marius,

Nice to meet you. The website I downloaded the avatar from were given out free downloads. There were hundreds of them, not just of the Jungle book but other characters as well and it was a legal website.

Otherwise, they would not have let me download it. There is nothing to worry about

Cheers

Tiger Feet