Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 136 mal aufgerufen
 Skripte und Zusatzprogramme
monkey8 Offline

26.07.2011 15:20
RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

Rüdiger/Marius sorry but could someone prove this in the proper place as it was meant to go in Questions and Answers and not the Scripting section. Thanks.

Service Pack 1 which updates Dragon from version 11 to 11.5 is now available in most regions. Please note the following points when downloading and installing.

1. You can check if the upgrade is available by clicking on Help | Check for Updates. If it doesn't appear to be available then you need to keep trying at regular intervals over the next few days as the service is currently very busy.

2. You should choose to save the download to your PC, it is between 500 and 600 MB depending on the version you have.

3. Before trying to install make sure that DNS is closed completely, you can check this by looking at the task manager and checking that the NatSpeak.exe is no longer running.

4. Make sure that no add-ons are running e.g. Knowbrainer, VoicePower, DNS Comfort, ShowNumbersPlus, SpeechStart etc.
5. If you then try to install and you get a message telling you words to the effect that the installation cannot proceed until you reload the system. Then do exactly that (reload Windows). If DNS is then set to load with Windows start-up or if you attempt to start it you will most likely get an error message telling you that the version 11 installation is not complete or is damaged. Do not attempt to repair, reinstall, system restore or whatever at this point to repair the version 11 installation. Instead simply run the service pack installation again and this time it should run okay. If you try to repair the version 11 installation before upgrading by whatever method then it is just unnecessary extra work that you do not need to carry out.

We will try to keep this updated if any other problems become apparent with the service pack upgrade. I guess a translation would be useful if necessary and apologies if someone has already posted some of this information elsewhere.

Best wishes
Lindsay
www.pcbyvoice.com

R.Wilke Offline

26.07.2011 15:36
#2 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
and apologies if someone has already posted some of this information elsewhere.

Yes I did in a way:

http://dragon-spracherkennung.forumprofi...t-gestellt.html

As far as I am concerned it worked no problem given the provisos mentioned in there. And by now others have also approved of it.

Thanks anyway
Rüdiger

PS: I have also no idea what the ideal place would be for it. But I think Marius will know.

Dragon Professional 16 auf Windows 10 Pro und Windows 11
SpeechMike Premium (LFH3500); Office 2019 Pro + Office 365 (monatliches Abo)
HP ZBook Fury 17 G8 - i7-11800H - 24 MB SmartCache - 32 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD

monkey8 Offline

26.07.2011 15:59
#3 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

On one of my systems (Windows 7 64-bit) I had made sure that NaturallySpeaking and all the add-ons were not running. However I still got the message saying that I needed to reload Windows before trying the install again. Now it's pretty much common sense not to try and reload DNS at this point but the problem is that many users have it set to load automatically at start-up of Windows and hence this message about the installation not being complete appears.

I have a quadriplegic friend who had this problem and he then reinstalled DNS 11, before trying the update again, which then worked okay. He was just a bit concerned and then contacted me, which was the first I knew the update was available. I also noticed Dr Fred at Knowbrainer had the same issue and in his case he did a system restore to repair the version 11 installation before attempting the installation of the 11.5 service Pack again, a bit drastic but there you go.

I have no doubt that Marius does exactly this section to put this thread in

Dr Fred

R.Wilke Offline

26.07.2011 16:13
#4 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

It is true that I may just have been lucky not having been told I should restart Windows in the middle of it, therefore it is good you have mentioned that also in this place. Once again, for me it wasn't any problem at all, once I had decided (or realized rather) that downloading prior to installing was a much better move, as well as making sure that Dragon is no longer in RAM.

Also, I was amazed at how properly the software manager seems to function because after I had started my computer in the office this morning where I still had version 11.0 installed I was informed about it pretty soon, much to my astonishment.

The jury seems still out as to where this thread will finally go so we might as well go on here a little longer before we get shifted somewhere else. Marius must be having a conference about it, but he will let us know eventually.

Incidentally, as far as just having got lucky with it, you know, that's me.

Rüdiger (promoted to be a microphone man by now)

PS: what would your guess be about how .NET Framework being a prerequisite now is handled when installing the patch merely? Also did you notice that after installing the patch the version number will come out as being SP1 added to it, which it doesn't when installing the full DVD. I am wondering whether or not there is any difference in here, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention, as well as anyone else's.

monkey8 Offline

26.07.2011 16:35
#5 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von R.Wilke
PS: what would your guess be about how .NET Framework being a prerequisite now is handled when installing the patch merely? Also did you notice that after installing the patch the version number will come out as being SP1 added to it, which it doesn't when installing the full DVD. I am wondering whether or not there is any difference in here, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention, as well as anyone else's.

well that's a good question, if it really is a pre-requisite then I guess you will get a little message box telling you that you need to download .net framework 3.5, however depending on the installation package they use you will probably be redirected to the download page. I had an XP system which didn't have it installed (which I used for testing) but I installed the.net framework on it several days ago so I can test a new version of SpeechStart that I am working on. I might if I get the time try uninstalling it (.net) and trying the upgrade. Then again I probably won't

The conference will be over soon so I had better make myself scarce.

Lindsay
www.pcbyvoice.com

R.Wilke Offline

26.07.2011 16:42
#6 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von monkey8
however depending on the installation package they use you will probably be redirected to the download page

That's my assumption also. Just like when installing an application that requires having the .NET Framework while you haven't probably.

Once we have the time to play around with it we will find out - or we won't.

Rüdiger

Marius Raabe Offline

26.07.2011 19:03
#7 RE: Information on 11.5 Service Pack 1 Zitat · Antworten

OK, since you begged for it, I cannot resist. Here is my ruling:
A Service Patch is clearly not a third-party program, but that is not an explicit prerequisite to be mentioned here. It is, however, a piece of additional software to enhance everybody's NatSpeak experience. .NET Framework is definitely third-party. Both aspects make me see your discussion fit into the narrow limits of this forum.

Therefore, all charges of thread misplacement are dismissed.

In the name of the Dragon (11.5), full and earnest,
Lord Marius

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Legal
Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit, Office 2010, Jarte Plus
Philips SpeechMike II Pro Plus, SpeechMike III, SpeechMike Air, PDCC 2.8
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, 2,83 GHz, 2x6MB L-2, 8 GB RAM