Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 131 mal aufgerufen
 Dies und Das
R.Wilke Offline

24.03.2010 18:44
RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

Liebe Leute,

heute hatte ich eine Nachricht von einem Kollegen aus dem KnowBrainer-Forum, die ich Euch gerne zeigen würde, selbstverständlich mit der Genehmigung des anonym bleibenden Absenders:

Zitat
Rüdiger

just to say that I visited your forum site and I think it is very clever that it provides an English translation for the likes of myself.

Good luck with the Forum.
Regards
J...

Bleibt noch zu erwähnen, dass ich ähnliche Reaktionen von all denjenigen hatte, mit denen ich dort noch privat korrespondiere - na, fast allen -, und teilweise auch öffentlich.

Das freut mich natürlich sehr, wie man sich denken kann, und zeigt zugleich, wie ich immer wieder finde, gewisse kulturelle Unterschiede.

Mein Dank geht an dieser Stelle auch an all die eifrigen und enorm beitragenden Mitstreiter, sowie an die stillen Leser.

Rüdiger Wilke

Dragon Professional 16 auf Windows 10 Pro und Windows 11
SpeechMike Premium (LFH3500); Office 2019 Pro + Office 365 (monatliches Abo)
HP ZBook Fury 17 G8 - i7-11800H - 24 MB SmartCache - 32 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD

Marius Raabe Offline

07.04.2010 15:41
#2 RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
Rüdiger

just to say that I visited your forum site and I think it is very clever that it provides an English translation for the likes of myself.

Good luck with the Forum.
Regards
J...

Congrats, Mr. Wilke, but that leaves me quite puzzled - is there really an (automatic?) English translation or what else does J.... refer to??

Best regards, Marius Raabe

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Legal
Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit, Office 2010, Jarte Plus
Philips SpeechMike II Pro Plus, SpeechMike III, SpeechMike Air, PDCC 2.8
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550, 2,83 GHz, 2x6MB L-2, 8 GB RAM

R.Wilke Offline

07.04.2010 18:32
#3 RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Raabe. Well, I think there is just a little confusion with the link for the automated Google translation that I have added to my signature in the KnowBrainer forum:

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=...%2F&sl=de&tl=en

Im Ernst, ich würde auch lieber eine Schaltfläche direkt dorthin oben in die Seite einbauen. Geht nicht, weil ich keinen Zugriff auf den Quellcode der Seite habe. Der Foren-Provider könnte das machen, dort habe ich das mal vorgebracht, habe aber bisher keine Reaktion darauf erhalten, und rechne auch nicht mehr damit. Schade, finde ich.

Grüße
Rüdiger Wilke

Marius Raabe Offline

07.04.2010 18:57
#4 RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

O holy cow- I have just tried out your link and seen for myself what damage Google's translation inflicts on a recent little post of mine in this wonderful forum - it physically hurts and makes me wonder whether such unauthorized "translations" might constitute a violation of intellectual property rights - though I reckon Google has run that question by its surely horrific legal team quite a while ago).
Of course, of course, where would "we" (and understanding among nations) be without automated translation...., out in the German woods (or what is left of them) and with absolutely no chance of luring the likes of His Pluralis Majesty Lunis Orcutt (and maybe one day even the admirable Chuck Runquist) onto your pages

Regards from an Americanophiliac, Marius Raabe

R.Wilke Offline

07.04.2010 21:08
#5 RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

If you think that what Google translation does is horrible - and I know the feeling -, you might want to look at Bing, and most probably, you will reconsider your statement. All in all, it's okay for the purpose, but it all depends on which style you choose in your postings, quite obviously. Since you've mentioned Lunis, here is what he thinks about the results from Google translation:

"I stumbled across the Google toolbar with the translation button that was probably what you were hinting at from the beginning because it turns your entire German forum into English. Obviously it's not perfect but it is completely seamless and I would almost never know but I was on a German site."

Please note the Speak-O in the final phrase. He's one of a very few vendors that I know of not only selling the product, but he also uses it, for his entire dictations as well as running his business. However, I wouldn't count on Chuck also showinng up here.

But who knows?
Rüdiger

Marius Raabe Offline

08.04.2010 07:20
#6 RE: Freundliche internationale Grüße Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von R.Wilke
....., but it all depends on which style you choose in your postings, quite obviously.

... which poses another interesting challenge - not only to "speak Dragon" like oguh proposes in another thread of this forum - which I will not - , but also to write German texts in a style adapted to the limitations of automated translation software - which seems to be a nice new way of brain-jogging for poor guys like me with no bilingual education.

Lunis Orcutt's statement is comforting (supposing he does not speak any German?) - and remarkable also because of his rare use of the first-person singular.

BTW: I am quite amazed to read about your experience that most vendors do not practice what they preach (i.e. sell) - maybe we should conduct a survey some day...

Regards, Marius

«« Browserwahl?